Water. We know what it's made of, we know our body needs it and we know that most of us, quite frankly, just don't drink enough of it.
I have slacked off with my drinking of water the past few days. Instead I have been drinking coke. I decided I needed to refresh my memory of why I gave up soft drinks and started drinking water.
1. Lets begin by realizing that our bodies are about 70% water. This varies depending on the individual- muscle holds more water than fat so the more fit you are, the more water you need.
2. Our brains, muscles, lungs, blood and organs need water in order to function. (Regulate temp, function, lubrication for joints and removes toxins).
3. Your lungs expel between 2 and 4 cups of water per day just by breathing.
What are the health benefits?
1. It makes you feel full. Most of those "hunger pains" you feel throughout the day are actually a sign of dehydration. Drink a glass of water when you first feel those- you would be surprised.
-(benefit: you eat less)
2. Water helps the body function properly.
-(benefit: more energy, ability to focus clearly, overall feeling better because the removal
How much water?
1. This varies depending on the individual.
2. For every 20 min of exercise you need an additional 8 oz of water.
- Most experts say that you should get at least 64 ounces a day.
Signs of Dehydration:
-little or no urination(or very yellow)