"In His hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is His for He made it, and his hands formed the dry land"
Have you ever taken time to really focus on creation, to learn about it and reflect on it? We all have those moments where we are driving and the sun is setting in the distance and we think, "wow how beautiful". Or when the sun is hidden behind the clouds and its rays are peeking around the edges and seem to touch the ground. We have had those moments at the beach where we realize how big the ocean really truly is. When you experience those moments, what do you do?
I recently researched the blue whale. I was studying God as creator and his mighty power. This is what I found:
1. The blue whale is the largest mammal and the largest animal on the planet.
2. It ranges from 90-100 feet long.
3. The blue whale weighs 100 tons (that is aprox. 15 elephants).
4. A baby blue whale weighs 3 tons at birth. The baby consumes 100 gal of milk per day
5. The baby blue whale gains 200 pounds per day or 8 pounds an hour and grows 1.5 inches a day.
6. The blue whale eats 4 tons of food each day.
7. The blue whale even weighing 100 tons, can swim 30 mph.
8. The heart of a blue whale weighs 100 lbs and has 14,000 lbs of blood circulating
9. The heart is the size of a volkswagon bug car and a human could crawl through the aorta of a blue whale
10. The blue whale can dive down to 350 ft and stay there for about an hour. It breathes through its blowholes that shoot a stream of water 40-50 feet into the air.
Mind blown yet? Mine was. It's crazy how just a little bit of research will give you an entirely new perspective on the creativity, genius, enthusiasm and power of God.